St Finbar’s Catholic Primary School
The role of the school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. The Headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school and staff.
Meeting Schedules 2019/20
Full Governing Body September 12th
The Governors main roles include:
- To provide strategic direction for the school
- To ensure accountability
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
If your child attends a school, you can be elected as a parent governor by the parents. Schools organise these elections, and inform parents and staff about them. You can also become a governor by approaching the school to see if they will co-opt you or by asking the local authority, church or foundation if they would appoint you.
Thank you everyone for coming to the coffee morning………..a lovely comment from a parent (My children being happy
improving all the time KEEP IT UP !!!!!!
Letter all schools regarding Road Safety 2019-20