Headteacher: Mrs J P Conley
Our ref: JPC/MK Your ref:
How to complain:
Any concerns you have about your child’s education can normally be settled by speaking to the headteacher or other member of staff.
The headteacher will tell you how to make a formal complaint to the governing body. This is usually by completing a complaint form or writing a letter to the Chair of the governing body.
|You should make it clear:|
- Why you are complaining.
- Who you have spoken to already.
- What you want to happen as a result of your complaint.
The Chair of Governors will arrange for your complaint to be investigated.
Chair of Governors: Mrs Angela Williams
c/o St Finbar’s Catholic Primary School
South Hill Road
- The Chair of Governors will nominate a governor to investigate your
- The governor in charge of investigating may ask to meet you to clarify the nature and detail of your complaint.
- They will give you full details of how they will carry out any further investigation in keep you up to date with progress.
How long will it take to deal with a formal complaint?
The governing body aim to respond to your complaint within 21 school working days of receiving your written complaint. If there is any delay, they will let you know the reasons and keep you informed.
When the investigating officer has fully investigated your complaint you will be informed of the outcome and any agreed action to be taken.
If you wish to appeal, you need to do so within 7 days of receiving the written outcome. This can be done by contacting the Chair of Governors who will arrange the appeal panel.
What can I do if I am not happy with the school’s and governing body’s responses?
You have the right to take your complaint to the Secretary of State for Education:
Secretary of State
Department of Education
Great Smith Street
Telephone: 0370 000 2288
The Premier League Trophy came to St Finbar’s on 13th March as part of the prize for winning
We are celebrating the children who entered the logo competition and celebrating our logo winner Ethan
- Nursery closed for training, reception open as normal 25th June 2019 9:00 am – 3:15 pm
- Sports Day Reception to Year 6 at IM Marsh 28th June 2019 9:00 am – 3:15 pm
- Glee club trip to Philharmonic 1st July 2019 9:00 am – 3:15 pm