St Finbar’s Catholic Primary School
The role of the school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. The Headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school and staff.
Meeting Schedules 2020/21
The Governors main roles include:
- To provide strategic direction for the school
- To ensure accountability
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
If your child attends a school, you can be elected as a parent governor by the parents. Schools organise these elections, and inform parents and staff about them. You can also become a governor by approaching the school to see if they will co-opt you or by asking the local authority, church or foundation if they would appoint you.
Please click on the link to find out our award winners for week beginning 10th January.
Please click on the link to read our January Newsletter.
Click on the link to see Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6’s Christmas performance https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pp1_tjfqihFu9Rx5yBxP6OrvQ66vCmA7/view?usp=sharing