Our Vision and Values
At St. Finbar’s Catholic Primary school we all work hard together as a team for the good of our children and familiies. Children, Parents/ Carers, Staff members and Governors together as one filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. It is our vision that by working in this way we are enabling all chldren to realise their full potential while developing the skills required to face new challenges with enthusiasm and confidence.
We aim to:
- Build on our Catholic foundations to provide a secure and creative environment where all children are nurtured and can achieve their individual potential.
- To help children to develop a knowledge and understanding of issues affecting their health and well-being so that they can make informed choices for their future.
- Ensure parents, staff and children have a sense of pride in the school through the achievements of the children.
- Maintain and further develop productive home-school-parish links, so that parents, carers and staff work as true partners in learning.
- Help each child prepare for the next stage of their education and their future life; developing a sense of personal achievement in all that they do.
- Provide the highest quality education through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Provide challenging and stimulating learning situations which promote curiosity and initiative and encourage acceptance of responsibility.
- Provide a caring, secure and friendly environment for all members of the school community.
- Encourage each person in the school community to see they are uniquely valued and that their gifts and potential will be nurtured and developed; celebrating cultural and social diversity within our school, local community and the wider world.
- Build high self-esteem in all associated with our school in order that they will respect and care for themselves and for others.
- Promote positive relationships between everyone involved with the school, including the local parish church and the wider community.
- To encourage pupils to maintain high standards of behaviour at all times.
- To develop enquiring minds, enterprising skills and embrace lifelong learning.
OUR SHARED VALUES AT THE HEART OF OUR ETHOS
Promoting and teaching a set of core values to our children will educate them to become confident, responsible and caring citizens.
These values are embedded into the curriculum and Teaching and Learning in order to develop social and emotional skills and encourage the children to follow our 3 school rules-
Be kind. Work hard. No excuses!
We value respect
We treat everyone as we would like to be treated. We work together in tolerance, understanding and respect to create a happy school. We celebrate differences and similarities and embrace the diversity of our community.
We value responsibility
We are responsible for our words, actions and attitude. We can be trusted to do what is right and make good choices. We all have a responsibility to make our world a better place. By working together, as a team, we achieve this.
We value cooperation
We work happily together as a team, encouraging everyone’s skills, abilities and interests. We know we can achieve much more when we cooperate with others
We value perseverance
We work hard to achieve the best we can in everything we do, even when it is difficult. We are not afraid to ask for help when we need it.
We value friendship
From the oldest to the youngest, we work hard to be a good friend. We try our best to make our school a happy place to be. We work and play together well, encouraging and celebrating everyone’s skills, abilities and interests.
We value honesty
We try to be honest in all that we say and do. We know it is important to be truthful and accept responsibility if we have done something wrong.
We value forgiveness
We try to forgive those who have hurt us in any way, each and every time. It helps us build bridges and to move forward in our friendships, creating a happier and safer place to be.
We value hope
It is by having hope that we are able to keep on going! Hope, and being hopeful, can change a sad day into a joyful one; enabling us to appreciate all that we have good in our lives. It enables us to celebrate and to give thanks.
We want every child to be safe and happy in our school. We believe that the key to this is for us all to have self-respect, respect for others and respect for property.
Remote learning policy
recipes and shopping lists for families which can be used to create lunches for around £15 each week
School Risk Assessment February 2021 v13