St Finbar’s Catholic Primary School
The role of the school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. The Headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school and staff.
Meeting Schedules 2019/20
Quality of Education Committee November 20th
Full Governing Body November 21st
Full Governing Body September 12th
The Governors main roles include:
- To provide strategic direction for the school
- To ensure accountability
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
If your child attends a school, you can be elected as a parent governor by the parents. Schools organise these elections, and inform parents and staff about them. You can also become a governor by approaching the school to see if they will co-opt you or by asking the local authority, church or foundation if they would appoint you.
School closed 12th December
Thank you everyone for coming to the coffee morning………..a lovely comment from a parent (My children being happy
improving all the time KEEP IT UP !!!!!!